Bio & Skills
I am passionate about developing software and web applications for high-level functionality and low-level performance with a strong focus on usability. My professional and personal endeavours are often marked by a great attention to detail that complements cohesive integration of larger scale projects.
I studied Computer Engineering at both the Bachelor's and Master's levels and have since been able to leverage a wide variety of skills in both computer software and hardware in my work as a compiler developer at IBM and as a freelance web application designer and developer of a wildly popular multi-platform browser extension.
I love opportunities to take advantage of my experience with coding at the lowest levels of computer technology and developing front-end interfaces. My thirst for knowledge and new skills will, no doubt, enable me to make quite a difference wherever my career takes me!
- C, C++, Java
- AVR, PPC, SPARC, x86 assembly
- Multithreaded programming
TOOLS / Operating Systems
- CVS, SVN, Git
- Windows, Linux, OSX, AIX
- PHP, ASP, MySQL
- HTML5, CSS3
Software Engineer Etsy Inc.
Java Just-In-Time Compiler Developer IBM Canada
- Successfully worked on wide variety of functional and performance defects in a dynamic compiler with self-modifying code targeting multiprocessor runtime environments
- Developed performance enhancements for low-level PowerPC code generation on existing and new processors
- Implemented new and improved compiler optimizations for Java applications, with a special focus on thread-concurrent and atomic classes
- Led cross-team group on exploitation of Transactional Memory on future hardware platforms
Database Application Designer Cutler Infraware
- Dealt directly with clients to determine needs for data tracking systems
- Provided solutions as web-based LAMP applications, in addition to Microsoft Access databases with extensive interface scripting
- Designed unique trailer yard management system to significantly reduce retention costs and improve efficiency of manufacturing plant shipping and receiving departments
- Successfuly provided on-going client support
Browser Extension Developer Missing e
- Created open source browser extensions for Apple Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox to add functionality and improve user experience on the Tumblr social network
- Directly engaged large userbase (via website and blog) to provide technical support and product education
- Achieved prolific installation rates (over 900,000 estimated downloads) and received media exposure
- JudoSTM: A Dynamic Binary Rewriting Approach to Software Transactional Memory
Marek Olszewski, Jeremy Cutler, and J. Gregory Steffan
Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT)
Brasov, Romania, September 2007.
► Missing e ◄
Browser extension (Chrome, Firefox and Safari) that add tools, features and interface improvements for the popular Tumblr microblogging / social networking service with over 900,000 downloads.
► Unilever YMS ◄
Web-based trailer management system for a Unilever manufacturing plant. Coordinates shipping, receiving and shunt drivers to enable efficient use of trailers and reduced trailer over-retention costs.
► Thesis ◄
Pipeline Threading of Legacy Applications for Commodity Multicores. A programming framework and instrumentation toolset for pipeline multithreading, characterizing forms of pipeline inter-stage communication. Performance evaluation on a variety of multicore systems.
► PVCRC Flyer ◄
Simplistic course catalog for a non-profit community organization. Targeted at users with any level of computer skills, the site mirrors the look of the organization's printed flyer. [Recently modified by the client]. Link
► Maggie & Jeremy ◄
Bilingual (English / Simplified Chinese) website presenting information, photos and RSVP collection for a wedding with receptions in Hangzhou, China and Toronto, Canada.
I am always interested in new or exciting opportunities in software, computer hardware and web development. Please feel free to contact me by email or through the networks below, and I will respond as soon as possible.